343 For Sale – Immaculate, 2006 with Mercury Racing 525 EFIs.
Update: I was on the fence about selling and not returning most inquiries (apologies), but I have decided I am ready to let it go, so I am dropping the price a bit so I can move on.
Arguably the king of all Cobalts and this is THE finest example you are likely to ever find.
• Freshwater boat out of Ontario Canada, no bottom paint, indoor/heated winter storage
• Engines have 310 hours (200 @ 0-799 RPM), and just 7 hours above 4000 rpm, complete ECU runtime data in hand
• Leak-down test data @ 309 hours = 5%-10% across all cylinders, I am told this is equivalent to a new engine
• ABYC certified marine survey and certified Mercury Marine Racing mechanical inspection reports in hand and available for review. Survey valued the boat + trailer at $112k (and does not factor in the crazy used boat market right now!)
• Every single item, accessory, light bulb, etc is in perfect working order
• Fully detailed, hull and topside shine like new
• Vinyl is bright white and nearly spotless with bow and aft filler cushions included
• Refrigerated cooler
• Original Cobalt snap on cover and Cobalt mooring cover included
• Original carpets in excellent condition
• 100% ready for water… new zinks, drive oil changed, water pumps rebuilt, two new 28P Bravo I props
• Full-flush head with holding tank and macerator/through-hull is immaculate
• Beautiful 2012 triple axel matching trailer included
This boat was 98% when I received it. The previous owner did all the big stuff right. However, I am an extremely anal boat owner and spent the last month going through every screw, nut, bolt, trim piece to tighten, align, replace, etc, fixing all the little things. It is now essentially indistinguishable from new.
In my mind this is the perfect spec for a 343. Built for speed… no A/C (not needed), no speed-top (ruins the lines), no generator (unnecessary, heavy, more stuff to maintain, takes up valuable storage space). Runs 75mph with more available from prop tweaking.
This boat honestly shows like a 2020. My neighbors assumed it was brand new.
I purchased this boat 2 months ago and it was love at first sight. I am listing it for sale for a few reasons that were very difficult to arrive at…
1. First and foremost – In my region we boat in salt water and there are no lifts in our slips. I honestly cannot bring myself to bottom paint this boat and drop it into salt water, I am really struggling with it.
2. The boat is literally too big/long for the kind of boating I mostly do. It’s a 37ft LOA beast and it’s a lot to handle. For me, this adds more stress than I want to deal with. My 2019 GMC Denali can’t tow it (boat + trailer is 16,250 lbs). The current in the slips here can run 7-8 mph making docking a large flawless boat a real handful and more stress than I ideally want to deal with.
3. Let’s face it, this is a good time to sell a used boat.
If this is the kind of boat that meets your boating style, I don’t think you can find a better example. It is stunning, looks like a James Bond boat and sounds AMAZING with the Captain’s call off, and is surprisingly quiet with CC on. You will not be disappointed.
Price is $109,500
Located in Newbury, MA (Boston Area)