343 For Sale – Absolutely immaculate, 2006 with Mercury Racing 525 EFIs. Hull ID FGE34016L506
Cobalt is known for exceptional fit and finish and the 343 is arguably the king of all Cobalts. This model was made for just 4 years and this is THE finest example of a 343 that you are likely to ever find. Featuring a unique “center console” design, this boat looks straight out of a James Bond movie! The hull is carbon fiber reinforced 35.5 ft long, 37 LOA, 9’8” beam and 12,500 lbs wet. With a 24.5 degree deep-vee stepped hull this boat is built both for speed and smooth running even in rough off-shore water. The 525 EFIs are the biggest engines that fit in this boat and are rated at 550hp each so this is 1,100 hp on tap. This is a 100% freshwater great-lakes boat out of Ontario Canada that has been stored indoor/heated winters.
· Engines have just 310 hours total runtime. 200 hours @ 0-799 RPM and just 7 hours above 4000 RPM… complete ECU runtime data in hand
· Leak-down test data @ 308 hours = 5% – 10% across all cylinders, these are equivalent to a new engine
· 2-month-old ABYC certified survey and Mercury Racing certified mechanical inspection report available to review (see below)
· Captain’s call exhaust sounds CRAZY AMAZING with the Captain’s call off, and is surprisingly quiet with CC on
· Every single item, accessory, light bulb, hatch strut, etc is either new/replaced or in perfect working order
· Fully detailed, hull and topside shine like new
· Vinyl is bright white and virtually flawless with bow and aft filler cushions included
· Cooler is refrigerated
· Original Cobalt snap-on cover included
· Original Cobalt bow to stern mooring cover included
· Original carpets in excellent condition
· 100% ready for water… Engine oil/plugs/fuel filters changed, water pumps rebuilt, new zinks, drive oil changed, two new 28P Bravo I props
· Full-flush head with holding tank/macerator/thru-hull is immaculate
· Beautiful 2012 triple axel matching trailer included
· This boat was 98% when I received it. The previous owner did all the big stuff right. However, I am an extremely anal boat owner and spent the last month going through every screw, nut, bolt, trim piece to tighten, align, replace, etc, fixing all the little things. It is now essentially indistinguishable from new.
In my mind this is the perfect spec for a 343. Built for speed… the big engines, no A/C (not needed), no speed-top (ruins the lines), no generator (unnecessary, heavy, more stuff to maintain, takes up valuable storage space). Runs 75mph.
This boat honestly shows like a 2020. My neighbors assumed it was brand new. Most people guess it is a 2016+.
I purchased this boat 2 months ago and it was love at first sight. I am listing it for sale for a few reasons that were very difficult to arrive at…
1. First and foremost – In my region we boat in salt water and there are no lifts in our slips. I honestly cannot bring myself to bottom paint this boat and drop it into salt water all summer, I am really struggling with it.
2. The boat is literally too big for the kind of boating I mostly do. It’s a 37ft LOA beast. For me, this adds more stress than I want to deal with. My 2019 GMC Denali can’t tow it (boat + trailer is 16,250 lbs). The current in the slips here can run 7-8 mph making docking a large flawless boat a real handful and more stress than I ideally want to deal with.
3. Let’s face it, this is a good time to sell a used boat.
If this is the kind of boat that meets your boating style, I don’t think you can find a better example. It is stunning, looks like a James Bond boat and sounds AMAZING with the Captain’s call off, and is surprisingly quiet with CC on. You will not be disappointed.
My plan is to go to smaller surf model that is more manageable and can include all the friends and family in the watersports action.
Price is 120k which is exactly what I have into it.
31 Southern Blvd
Newbury, MA 01951